a place of worship 09/03/2019 patty maye ohanian



Even though I grew up Catholic, I have always been fascinated by the religions of the East.  I think the architecture is strikingly beautiful, which uniquely interesting ideas and practices.  The temple above is the Haeinsa Temple belonging to the Buddhist religion, and it is located in South Korea.  This temple houses the Tripitaka Koreana, the scriptures of this religion.  The set that is housed here is said to be the oldest and most complete.  They are printed on wooden blocks.  This temple is also still an active worship site!  Despite being on the opposite side of the world, I find this destination so intriguing.  I think this style of worship place is so different from the brick cathedrals and church's I am used to, I love the color and liveliness of some of the eastern religions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ásatrú Temple in Iceland

Landscapes of the Sacred 2

Kelly Cooke: route 66 12/5