Casey Estep: Landscapes of the Sacred 2

I have discovered that I need to seek out a "limit experience" as defined by Belden Lane in Landscapes of the Sacred. I feel that any turning point or epiphany would be beneficial to my life. Perhaps it is the difficulty of these journeys that make them significant. When difficult is overcome, one ties the experience in with the place, causing it to become significant. I wonder though, if there is a difference between a significant place and a sacred place. It seems that many people call places of significance sacred only because they are correlated with a documented significant experience. I see how a specific place could be correlated with the spiritual for a single person or small group of people. If a significant spiritual encounter happened there then it would always remain a method of returning to that moment. But the idea that a place can be inherently spiritual for everyone does not make sense to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ásatrú Temple in Iceland

Landscapes of the Sacred 2

Kelly Cooke: route 66 12/5