Natural experience 2

63rd Street

My most favorite thing in the world is going the beach. There is no other place that I feel more at peace at then the beach. As much as I love the beach, if I had to choose any beach to be on it will forever be 63rdstreet in Virginia Beach, VA. I had been going to this exact street since freshman year, and even up to this day if someone proposes another place to go to I will rise up immediately and purpose we go to North End which always means 63rdstreet if I am involved. I never exactly know why I am always drawn to this street, but I have noticed many things about myself as the way I treat this street. I treat this area like a sacred place. I refuse to ever leave trash and I always pick up others peoples trash if I see it. I always invite people into my beach group if they are alone and are looking to be social. Whenever something bad happened in my life I would always come here and just sit because in no other place did I feel more capable to really look at the situation I was in for what it really was. Much like a long distance hiker, the beach gave me the ability to look within myself instead of always looking out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ásatrú Temple in Iceland

Landscapes of the Sacred 2

Kelly Cooke: route 66 12/5