outside reading 1

In the book The Camino de Santiago in the 21st Century the author discusses the arguments surrounding who should be considered real pilgrims. many of these disagreements center around what the real definition of a pilgrim is. Some choose to use the general definition that states that a pilgrim is simply someone who journeys to foreign lands, while others use much narrower definitions. These take in to account religion and the goals of someone partaking in the journey. This argument is interesting to me because I think it is the sort of problem that many groups must face when their numbers expand at a rapid pace. I can relate to this because when growing up my friends and I would play made up games on the play ground which would start off ill defined, but as more people joined in we needed to add more rules to make sure everyone played fairly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ásatrú Temple in Iceland

Landscapes of the Sacred 2

Kelly Cooke: route 66 12/5